Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

Fresh Start


Hello and welcome (again) to the revamped My Upcycled Home.  My efforts to record the process of decorating my house and garden were getting lost in my other blog and to be honest I haven't done much recently.  So this is a conscious effort (again!!) to get back on track.  Last year at school (where I was a Sustainability Community Group Leader) we did some work on educating others about the difference between recycling and upcycling.  Easier said than done!

According to Wikipedia, recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.  For example, turning glass bottles and jars into erm, new glass bottles and jars! Whereas upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless, or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.  

So this blog will focus on my environmental impact on the world starting with my house.  I might share some interesting facts but I promise no preaching or politics (although in the interests of full disclosure I am a member of the Scottish Green Party).  I'm also aiming to restock my Etsy shop (The Tartan Tower) and maybe some local galleries again.

Watch this (upcycled) space!

No comments:

Post a Comment