Pages

Monday 30 July 2018

Canvas picture


Many years ago in another life I lived in a beautiful house that had been decorated by an interior designer.  At the time I loved it but in retrospect it really wasn't me.  This canvas was one of several specially commissioned for us.  It came with us to our house in the country and then it came with me when I downsized to here.


I didn't have anywhere to put it but I kept it because I knew it was expensive.  It was stored in the garage and over time got a bit damaged and damp.  I recently cleared the garage and decided I could do something with it.  It's been sitting on a radiator to dry off.

So today, armed with a glue gun, buttons, shells and sea glass I covered up the worst of the damage and created a usable picture for my family room.


Although it's an abstract picture I always imagined it looked like a beach hence my idea to add the shells and sea glass.  The buttons were just to add a pop of colour.

Cost: free
Time: about an hour

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. My kind of thing to a tee! Lovely, satisying work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks good when I stand back, tilt my head and close one eye!!

      And it's given me an idea for a couple of blank canvases I have stashed away somewhere

      Delete