Pages

Friday 3 August 2018

2 pictures into 1


This week I've been helping my oldest DS make his new flat a bit more homely by putting up pictures.  He did have some nice pictures from his old flat (from my old house) but some of them were a bit damaged in the move.  So I had an idea to reuse a frame I didn't want any more (it had a photo that included my ex!) and create a new picture.

It took ages to remove all the tape from the back (it was really sticky!) and then carefully remove the photo without ripping the mount or cracking the glass.  Luckily they both remained intact. Phew!!


Then I removed a lovely watercolour painting from this frame that promptly fell to bits!!! Luckily nothing was broken or damaged so it could be repaired.




You can see there was also some water damage on this mount.  But I'm hoping I can fix the frame and reuse everything in another project for my house.  Watch this space!




I didn't have any artist's brown tape to seal it but I did have Duck tape!!


And here's the finished picture.  The watercolour just fitted into the mount opening with a millimetre to spare!  It's a pretty painting of Schiehallion, a Scottish mountain in Perthshire.  It's signed and dated by the artist so might be valuable one day. 😄

DS is thrilled with his new picture and I'm pleased it didn't cost a penny!

Cost: free
Time: about 30 mins

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the very interesting tour of your home..
    love all what you’ve achieved ..lots of love and hard work has paid off ..it looks great well done

    ReplyDelete